The 24 workouts in 24 hours charity event is back! On Saturday & Sunday 3th and 4th of September we will host a test of physical and mental strength and willpower, all that to support a good cause, to help with the transformation of an impoverished, HIV and Malaria infested area of 6,000 people in Malawi into a self-sustaining community.
We’ve hosted 24-hour events the past years, with nearly 100 full-24h finishers and dozens upon dozens more participating as volunteers, joining workouts, fundraising, making donations and more.
Reebok CrossFit Zurich, Hillseeker CrossFit & BeastMode Bern have worked closely with the Face to Face AIDS Project (F2F) since 2009 and have visited the community we’re supporting, in Kang’oma, Malawi. We experienced firsthand where the donated funds go, how they are used to drive sustainable change and how they are making a difference in people’s lives. Since then, others have joined making this collaboration Swiss-wide and supporting by friends from around the world.
As the project continues to succeed and make a greater impact in Malawi, we’re enthusiastic about stepping up our support while also encouraging athletes to stretch their limits by participating in a 24-hour CrossFit challenge.
Our fundraising efforts are driven to support transformation of an impoverished area of 6,000 people in Malawi that relies on maize into a self-sustaining community that embraces permaculture-based solutions. The underlying theme that drives F2F is to take a holistic, culturally sensitive approach to nurturing fundamental, long-lasting improvements in the poorest rural communities.
- for 24 hours every hour one workout
- you or your family and friends donate a minimum of CHF 24.- per Workout you participate
- There are opportunities for athletes to go for the full 24-hours solo or as a team or just join for one or more workouts.
- there will be workouts open to everybody, so bring your family and friends, to join a workout, cheer for you and spend a great weekend with lots of fun, music and dance, fresh food and more
- by signing up and creating a profile on our crowdrise website you can immediately start collecting money, your family and friends from all over the world can sponsor your workouts and help our charity project.
More information about how to get involved for the preparation of the event, how to help as a volunteer before and during the event will follow soon.
Here some impressions from the past three events:
THE FINISHERS OF THE FIRST 24-IN-24 CHALLENGE DECEMBER 2010!
COACH CHRIS BACK IN 2010
THE FULL 24H ATHLETES OF 2011!
COACH DOMI AND CO-OWNER ISAAC HAVING FUN DURING THE 2011 EVENT
2013'S SWIMMING, PUSH UPS, BOX JUMP WORKOUT AT THE LETZI FREIBAD
MIDNIGHT BICYCLE RIDE TO THE LAKE...
ICE BATH AFTER 12H OF WORKOUTS...
STRONG GIRLS AT 2AM
2013 3AM WORKOUT...
LAST WORKOUT OF THE 2013 EVENT, ALTERNATING PLATE HOLD AND BURPEES FOR 20MIN...
2014 Full 24h Finishers!
COACH JEFF FROM HILLSEEKER CROSSFIT AND COACH MORITZ WITH THE KANG'OMA YOUTH GROUP 2012 IN MALAWI